College Counseling & Consulting LLC offers a free 15-minute session to permit families to discuss its services. Students who choose to engage these services will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and then meet with Mr. Noya — in person, whenever possible, or via Skype or phone — for a 90-minute required session. Afterwards, the family decides whether to enlist in further consultation, either in the Comprehensive Counseling Program or through consultations by the hour (at 20-minute minimum intervals).
College Counseling Services
In the Initial Counseling Consultation,we will explore your strengths and weaknesses as a prospective college applicant, the most important factors that should guide your search, and the colleges and universities that may serve you well, in light of your interests and needs.
The Comprehensive Counseling Program includes all of the college counseling services listed below, offered to the student and parents from the Initial Counseling Consultation through the end of the college search process (typically in May of Senior Year). Students may begin using College Counseling & Consulting LLC any time after the beginning of their sophomore year of high school.
College Counseling & Consulting LLC offers high school students and their families valuable advice on:
- Selecting courses in high school to prepare for success in college
- Clarifying student’s goals, needs, and preferences for college
- Identifying student’s strengths and weaknesses as a college applicant
- Planning a college admissions timeline, including scheduling of standardized tests
- Identifying colleges that are a “good fit” for the student
- Getting the most from a campus visit and preparing for a college interview
- Filling out the application, with special attention to the essays
- Submission of financial aid applications
- Evaluation of financial aid offers from different colleges
- Making the final selection of a college
- Preparing to leave home for college